Thursday, January 5, 2012

Enchilada Remix & Winner Announced

Yesterday, I shared my homemade enchilada recipe with you.


Since I never use an actual recipe, everything is approximate and depending on how much filling is used, the quantity of enchiladas varies every time. Like I said before, I just make 'em until I run out of tortillas or the chicken mixture - whichever comes first. Normally, I try to buy at least 20+ tortillas so that I can make as much as the mixture will allow. But this time, I found myself all out of tortillas with chicken mixture remaining. I thought about freezing it for another time when I have more tortillas on hand. That would have worked great BUT I also remembered that I had some tortilla flour mix in the cabinet.

Here's what it looks like so you can pick some up at Walmart and make your own tortillas:



When I was a poor college student, I lived off this stuff! Seriously, ask my housemates. I would whip up a batch of tortillas and make some quesadillas. My cooking talent in college? Hmm... not so high so don't be intimidated - you can definitely make these! So today's recipe is sort of a combination between enchiladas and quesadillas.

Here's what I did:

1. Make the tortillas according to the package directions, let them rise and roll them out. (easy peasy)
2. Meanwhile, preheat a griddle to medium high.
3. I cooked the tortillas a couple minutes on each side.
4. Next, I returned them to the griddle adding a little leftover chicken mixture and shredded cheese.
5. Fold tortilla over and serve with chopped onion, tomato, lettuce, salsa and sour cream.






Enjoy! Oh wait, you didn't stop by to check out the recipe? Ahh yes, you want to know who won the giveaway. I used randomizer.org to come up with our lucky winner. Congrats Sharla! This is her comment that won. Isn't she sweet?! I'll be emailing you shortly for your address Sharla.



  • Sharlanicky
    I also shared on Facebook. Do you think you might sell these? If I don't win I still would like a set. :)





Sharing this with...

It's Overflowing
Oopsey Daisy
Tatertots and Jello
The Girl Creative
The Southern Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment