Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Snow White, Cinderella and Belle - Oh my!

Ellie and I were VERY excited to go see Disney Live! performing three of Ellie's favorite princess fairy tales this past weekend. We were invited by one of her really good friends so I decided to make some goody bags for them to enjoy on this special day.








I've been eyeing tulle pom-pom tutorials all over Pinterest so I decided to give them a chance. I used this tutorial and I thought they turned out okay. There are more complicated tutorials that I might try next time but for a toddler fairy wand these were fine. 



I picked three thin ribbons to tie the center of my pom-poms and left the ends long - part of the "look" I wanted for these. 


Next I painted two unsharpened pencils with leftover paint from this project




I previously mentioned that I like Valspar brand spray paint better because it goes on thicker and more evenly. However, it does take a little longer to dry. I let the pencils dry overnight and then hot glued the pom-poms to them the next day.




I bought a few other goodies for the girls and put them all together for the trip. We had tiaras, glow sticks, and candy. Needless to say, we had a blast! The girls held their wands the. entire. time. 




I'll be linking up with...



No comments:

Post a Comment