Monday, October 17, 2011

Rosette Lamp

 I have been seeing rosette tutorials all over Pinterest and when I realized how easy they are to make, I knew it was exactly what I needed for my lamp makeover. Why oh why do I never remember to get a "before" picture? Well, Chase didn't think my flea market find was worth keeping during the move. I had been on the fence about giving it a makeover so when he suggested it was outdated, I knew that was my cue. By the way, have all my spray paint happy friends discovered the Valspar brand? I just discovered Valspar brand spray paint at Lowe's and I love it. It goes on much more evenly and requires less coats than I typically use with Krylon for the same price. The color I used is called "Mediterranean." It is bold but I think it works well since most of the house is white and very light colors. I'm using this same color on some other projects that I will need to share with you soon. I just love the pop of color it gives.

Next I made my rosettes using this tutorial. Who knew rosettes were so easy to make?!



I hot glued mine directly to the lamp and only blistered one finger ;-)


I used an old fabric remnant from my stash but, unfortunately, ran short! I decided to just add some lace to the bare spots and I like the way it turned out.



I'm linking up with...



No comments:

Post a Comment