Friday, October 14, 2011

Newspaper Vase

One of my favorite things is entertaining. I love having people in my home. I especially enjoy feeding people in my home - be it a three course meal, a hotdog dinner or simply a plate of cookies. Given the opportunity, I also enjoy decorating for the occasion. These vases are perfect for entertaining because there is nearly no cost involved and they could be matched to whatever color scheme you are using. I actually shared these on Facebook almost two years ago but just found one of the vases as I was packing boxes for the move.



I originally got the idea from an issue of Parents Magazine. Basically, you cut the top off of a water bottle and use a water-glue mixture (Mod Podge would also work) to adhere torn up pieces of newspaper. This would be a fun project to do with the kids - even a toddler would enjoy tearing apart the newspaper! You could even use colored tissue paper for a different look. I put a final coat of the glue mixture over the vase and let it dry. I made several of these vases for a ladies' brunch and lined the table with them and some pink votives.

This time of year they would look lovely with orange tulle and burlap accents for a harvest themed party. Be creative and have fun!

Linking up with...


No comments:

Post a Comment