Monday, August 1, 2011

Run 13.1 miles? Yes please!

Back before the wonderful life of parenthood began, I started running after making a New Year's resolution to get heart healthy. When Chase and I got married, I realized I needed to do something about my high cholesterol levels (220 yikes!). Between running and taking a fish oil supplement daily, I was able to drop my cholesterol 100 points within a few months. I even ran in the Nashville Country Music half marathon with my love. Here is a picture from that day - it was a blast!

About to start running...we were nervous...

Now that I have my two precious angels, I see how important it is for me to be disciplined enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle. So...when my good friend Katie asked me if I would run in an upcoming race, I decided that was just the motivation I needed to get back into a healthy routine. Boy, running is not so easy now that I have two kids and a whooole lot less sleep! I hope fellow moms are taking time each day to take care of their own health so that we can be our best for our families. If you choose to not go the 13.1 mile running route, I won't blame you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment