Monday, August 22, 2011

F is for Frog

Some of my faithful blogging pals might remember my post about repurposing old containers, bottles, etc. (If not, you can read it here.) I failed to mention it then but I have also been saving my plastic parmesan cheese containers. I knew there had to be some use for them but have been stumped for awhile. Fortunately, I have enjoyed spending countless hours on Pinterest and finally found some uses for them! I saw this frog game but there weren't any instructions to go with it. So...mine varies a little but I just used what I had on hand.

I like the googly eyes and the red felt for the inside of the mouth. 
 The original game said to "feed" the frog bugs. I live in the middle of nowhere (which isn't always a bad thing actually) so I don't have plastic bugs and I'm not going to drive an hour to try and find plastic bugs. Paperclips work just fine and allow for more imaginative play anyway :) I separated them into different piles based on color. Ellie and I practiced feeding the frog different quantities of bugs. We'll be playing this game a lot as she is still grasping the concept of counting.

After we finished feeding our frog, we colored a letter 'F' with different shades of green. We talked about how the word "frog" starts with 'F'. While Ellie colored, I showed her how some shades of green were lighter and others were darker. We had so much fun!




As a side note, do you like my new place mats? They were only 75 cents at Walmart AND they are reversible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment