Friday, August 26, 2011

Rapunzel, let down your hair!

My toddler is obsessed with Rapunzel ever since we saw the moving Tangled in the theater. She loves to watch the movie but, even more, she enjoys acting out the story. She routinely yells throughout the house "Rapunzel, let down your haaaaaiiiiiir!" Sometimes I'll be cooking dinner or cleaning house and she'll start yanking on my pant leg saying "C'mon 'Punzel, go to your tower!" Lately when we draw pictures, she scribbles on her paper and announces that it is Rapunzel's tangled hair. Needless to say, she loves these imaginative games. So, when I saw a tutorial for a Rapunzel wig on The Weekend Homemaker's blog I had to give it a try! I used a large bundle of yarn and it was a tangly mess! I still need to find a better way to adhere the hair to the pantyhose - I read somewhere else that glue might work or maybe I just need to strategically sew more pieces of the yarn "hair" to the base.

Here are some pictures of my sweet Rapunzel girl:




No comments:

Post a Comment