Thursday, August 25, 2011

The power of spray paint

While I have the time, I'm trying to work on all some of my DIY furniture projects for the new house. We have been wanting to go with some lighter colors and more of a country cottage feel - see my decorating inspiration board on Pinterest. Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest?! I love being able to daydream virtually without having to spend money on magazines, and tearing out pages which I'll misplace or find ruined by someone's spilled sippy cup. Did you need to know all that? I guess not.

Anyway, my point is that I'm enjoying all these fun little projects without spending very much money. One project that I knew would make a difference was spray painting our side tables, coffee table and entry table for the living room. I love the style of these tables but they were just too dark for our new color palette.

Here is the before (not much of the table is actually in this picture but I think you can get an idea of what it looked like...someday maybe I'll remember to take "before" pictures):



Here is the after:


I am very happy with how the tables turned out. I spray painted them all a shade of flat ivory and then added a clear protective topcoat. They are so bright and cheery - can I describe a table that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment