Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cereal box guitar

Ellie loves listening to Daddy play his guitar and singing along with him and, for the last year, I have been looking everywhere for a miniature toy guitar for her. However, everything I found was either too expensive and/or fragile for a toddler. Then I found these cereal box guitars! I knew I had to make it for my Elle Belle.

There weren't any directions to go with the example I found so I just did my own thing. Technically mine isn't a "cereal box guitar" since I used a granola box - but it was smaller and more size appropriate for my girl. I used a razor blade for all my cutting and lots of duck tape :) The tuning keys (is that what they are called?) are made out of popsicle sticks, the strings are rubber bands, and the strap is just a piece of ribbon.



I wish you could have seen her face when I gave E her new guitar!



We even had to change into a special dress for singing and playing music. We decided to surprise Daddy by getting our band together before he got home. We used a plastic egg filled with beans as a maraca and a plastic container as our drum set. Chase got home just in time to join in our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse jam session. Nothing beats family time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment