Monday, September 12, 2011

Meditating on the word of God

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Over the summer, Chase and I memorized 100 scriptures verses - one for each day of the summer. Prior to this challenge, I had not really done any memory work (except a few verses at church camp as a child!).

Let me just say that it was a HUGE blessing to meditate on these scriptures each day. Having God's Word - His Spirit inside my heart has been awesome. I've learned that memory work is not just for children but even more important as we desire to grow. I have also learned that I don't have to posses super memory power - I am horrible at remembering anything. For me, the key has been to continually meditate on these scriptures throughout the week. I wrote all the verses out on index cards and keep them in my diaper bag so that I can flip through them as I wait at the doctor's office or practice them as a family as we drive to town. I hope that you will take the time, if you are not already, to memorize and really meditate on God's word. I plan on adding more verses this fall and look forward to doing memory work with the girls as they grow.

Here are some resources that might help you get started:


No comments:

Post a Comment