Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sensory Tubs


Lately I've been seeing lots of sensory tubs for preschool age kids. I like the idea of them and I know that Ellie would enjoy it but, honestly, I don't want to deal with the mess! We make messes around here all the time without the help of tubs of sand, shells, beans, rice, pebbles, beads, etc. However, a lot of blogs I have been visiting lately are talking about this sensory tub medium:


I didn't even know these water beads existed and had to read the packaging to figure out their true purpose. (I bought mine for a buck at Dollar Tree - have I mentioned how much I love that place?!) They are squishy little balls of water that help keep plants hydrated (I think??). Anyway, I must admit that they are fun to play with. Ellie LOVES when I get them out during our school time and calls them "bubbles." They are pretty slippery and we ended up making a little mess but at least it is just water :)

And, yes, that is a monkey on her back. She insisted on wearing it all day.


 Instead of using a big tub, I just put the water beads in a diaper wipes container and added different shapes for Ellie to identify. I may have to go buy more so we can have a bigger sensory tub and just maybe I'll venture out to try some other sensory mediums. If you are interested in other sensory tub ideas, check them out on Pinterest. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment