Friday, September 16, 2011

A, B, C & 1, 2, 3!

For the last month I have been (trying) to set time aside each day to work on numbers and letters with Ellie. I've tried a few different approaches but this week I have been focusing on the letters A, B, and C and the numbers  1, 2, and 3. If you are reading this then you probably know that I have an affinity for upcycling junk - I hate to think of throwing something away that I could use for crafting! Back in this post, I mentioned a Bible game idea for using the plastic caps off milk jugs. I have been saving mine up to make something and decided to use it for practicing Ellie's letters and numbers. 

<<Side note: My husband thinks I'm a little crazy when I tell him not to throw away the milk jugs, juice concentrate, cereal boxes, jars, cans, etcetera, etcetera BUT he is (almost) always impressed after seeing what their second life holds.>>

I just traced the circle shape of the caps on card stock and used a sharpie marker to write the letters and numbers we are practicing. Since Ellie is still grasping this concept, I made one practice card already filled in and another one with spaces that need filled. They are double-sided with numbers on one side and letters on the other. Let me show you a picture...some things are just better explained that way:


I guess I could get all fancy and laminate them since my toddler is a little on the destructive side but by then, we may have a better activity made from more junk ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment