Friday, May 20, 2011

Homemade Sugar Cubes


What is a tea party without sugar cubes? When I was planning my last tea party, I found it nearly impossible to find sugar cubes. The stores around here don't carry them and to order them online was too expensive. That is when I realized I could make my own. You can find lots of recipes online but this is the easiest recipe I know:

1. In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups of sugar with 2 tablespoons of hot water.
2. Stir until well blended. The sugar should be uniformly wet and resemble wet sand (it should not be so wet that it is dissolving in the water).
3. Spoon the sugar into an ice cube mold. Make sure that it is firmly packed into the mold by pushing it down with the back of a spoon.
4. Carefully turn the mold over and tap the sugar cubes out of the mold onto a paper towel. I let mine dry overnight before touching them but they should be dry within a couple hours. 

 These sugar cubes are so easy to make at virtually no cost. If you have different ice cube tray designs like I do, you can make sugar cubes in fun shapes.





Linking up with...
It's Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment