Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?

My sweet Ellie girl is getting so big! I can't believe how fast she is growing. A few years ago I read Your Mama Don't Dance by Cindy Colley. I recommend this read to all mothers desiring to raise faithful children and you can order it here. After Chase and I discussed the topics in this book, we were convicted not only that I stay home with our children but that I homeschool them as well. I am not comfortable with putting one of the greatest blessings God has given me into the hands of the public school system and the certain immoral influences that accompany it. On that note, I am always on the lookout for educational activities that we can incorporate into our playtime. Most my ideas come from friends, websites and homeschooling moms. Since Chase speaks Spanish and I have taught high school Spanish for the last four years, we would like to incorporate that into Ellie's education as well.


One of the books Ellie likes to read is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? by Eric Carle. We also have the Spanish version and I made these cards with each animal from the story to help her identify the animals and colors in Spanish. I found the images online, colored them and laminated them. I decided to hole punch them and put them on a binder ring so that they don't get lost. (I apologize for my novice photography attempts here...this was as clear as I could get it!).

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!!! We need to share more ideas like this for sure. You are giving me so many great ideas to post about. I'm trying to rename my blog though and having a hard time thinking of a title. :) Any suggestions? I may post something today :)

    ReplyDelete