Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homemade Blueberry Baby Food



It would appear that I am on a baby food making kick! In reality, my 10 month old is just a big eater. If I don't make my own baby food, I'm pretty sure she'll eat us out of house and home. Nobody wants that. So...here is another recipe for you :)

It is super easy and if you are opposed to microwaving baby food, by all means use a steamer. I always intend to but I'm often in a hurry to whip something up for the family to eat. I try to keep frozen veggies and fruits (unsweetened) in the freezer for making baby food.

Frozen, as opposed to canned, fruits and veggies retain more nutrients. Since frozen produce is typically flash frozen at their peak nutritional levels, they can sometimes be better than the fruits and veggies sitting in the produce aisle! Just food for thought...literally ;)



I just thawed a bag of frozen blueberries in the microwave (you could steam them instead or let them thaw in the refrigerator). Next, I transferred them to the blender. It won't take long to puree them! To serve, I mixed unsweetened, natural applesauce with a little of the blueberry puree (about 4:1 ratio). So I guess this could be called Blueberry Apple baby food, huh?  I won't use it all this week so I poured half of it into an ice cube tray to freeze for later use.

Both my girls (10 months and 3 years)  LOVE it!



Here are some of my other tips/recipes for baby food:

Homemade baby cereal

Baby food tips 


And the winner of the embellished headband is Nell! I don't have a contact email for you, so please email me within 2 days to claim your prize!






Sharing this with...

No comments:

Post a Comment