Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Tablescape {Amateur edition}

I have seen some lovely tablescapes around the blogsphere lately so I thought I would contribute a few snapshots. And yes, this is DEFINITELY the amateur edition both in the tablescape and the mad photo skills displayed below. Unfortunately, the stomach bug stole a lot of my holiday planning time so this festive brunch was thrown together on a last minute whim. We invited a sweet family over for brunch after church. This meant all the decorating and prep work was done the night beforehand. It also means I was a bit preoccupied to take pictures of the actual spread. Ah well.


To decorate the table I just used what I had on hand. I love my snowglobes mixed in with my snowflake votive holders. I also included these miniature chalkboards I ordered from Bluhm's Gardens.


I used my ornament place card holders as labels for our belgian waffle toppings bar....of which I didn't get a picture because...well... hot waffles with butter, whipped cream, powdered sugar, walnuts, raspberries, chocolate chips and syrup had to get in my mouth. No time for pictures. I will say I am loving my furniture from Ikea. The dining table and the gateleg table in the pictures are both from there and get used a lot. I'm also still loving my Ektorp sofa (you can read my review here).




I'm linking up with Aimee over at It's Overflowing for the Christmas-Scapes Linky Party!

five days five ways christmas linky party | because every day is different

No comments:

Post a Comment