Monday, December 12, 2011

Shabby Ornaments

Next year I would love to have a shabby Christmas tree decorated in white, burlap and some natural elements. I'll also include these ornaments I have been working on. It is really an upcycle project since all I did was paper mache some ornament rejects - you know the cheap ones that go in the back of the tree or at the bottom at toddler level.

Like most of my recent inspirations, I got this one from Pinterest:



Aren't they lovely? I know the shabby "homemade" look isn't for everyone but I love it :)

These are pretty simple. Tear up strips of newspaper, paint the ornament with glue and adhere them. Be sure to take the lid (?) cap (?) topper (?) off the ornament first. Once it dries, add another thin layer of glue and sprinkle clear crystal glitter all over the ornaments. Let dry again. Replace the top of the ornament. Print "noel" on the card stock color of your choice in your preferred font (you can download the font I used here for free). Cut to size and use a straight pin to poke a hole in the tag. Loop it into the metal ornament hanger. Take a black marker and  run it across the four edges of the noel tag just to give it a distressed look. I tied mine on a strand of bakers twine just to up the shabbiness.









Linking up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment