Monday, November 14, 2011

Glass Pebble Charms


 With the holiday season quickly approaching, I thought I would share an easy and fun craft that is great for gift giving. I first saw one of these glass pebble charms at an adorable boutique in Llano, Texas. (I wish I could find the name of the shop but I have searched and cannot find it.)

I bought this one for myself and decided I would need to make more for some of my close friends and family. 

Here are the supplies that you will need:
  • Glass pebbles (I found mine at Hobby Lobby but I've seen them at Walmart and other craft stores as well.)
  • Mod Podge
  • Jewelry bails (I got mine half off at Hobby Lobby. They have a good selection of various styles and sizes.)
  • Super Glue
  • Selected magazine cutout or scrapbook paper



When I made my list of gift recipients, I decided what design or letter I wanted to seek out for each person. Next I gathered some old magazines and looked for potential charms. I will say that the best typography I found was from bridal magazines. It helps to use the glass pebbles as you search and place it over the letters to make sure they are the right size - they have to be pretty small!



I traced the pebbles on the paper and cut out the desired designs. Next, I adhered them to the back side of the glass pebbles using Mod Podge. Make sure that you put your design face down so that it will show through the convex side. I added an additional coat of Mod Podge to the back of the cut out once it was adhered. 


After it dries, carefully use the superglue to position and attach the jewelry bail. And now, it is done! Easy peasy, huh? 



These are great for necklaces and charm bracelets but they might even make neat looking rings. I've even seen cute magnets made from glass pebbles. The possibilities are endless :) Have fun, be creative and make some thoughtful gifts before this holiday season gets too crazy. Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!






I'm linking up with...


No comments:

Post a Comment