Monday, November 21, 2011

Book to pumpkin {and other festive stuff}

The holidays are in full force and we are enjoying every moment! With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I thought I would share some of the crafts I've been working on.

 I've seen lots of old books given a new life on Pinterest. After following this tutorial, I made a pumpkin. It was a little more difficult than I anticipated but I am more or less happy with the outcome. Ellie (unprompted) even pointed to it and said, "Mommy, look it's a pumpkin!" When I asked her who made it, she responded "God did!" I love that kid.



I also shared a link on my Facebook page to these Martha Stewart printables. I printed the turkey place cards on a creamy natural cardstock. I think they will add a nice and personable touch to our special meal.



If you are looking for some fun conversation starters, you can print these. I put mine in a jar, tied it with a ribbon and will be using it as part of my centerpiece. I snuck a peak at some of the questions and I think they will be fun to share over Thanksgiving and help build special memories.



I hope you have a wonderful holiday shared with those you love. May we all remember to be grateful for our abundant blessings all year long and give thanks to our Heavenly Father.






Linking up with...

http://tatertotsandjello.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment