Friday, November 11, 2011

Key Art

I have been meaning to share this project with y'all for weeks but it has been crazy busy around here! We are finally starting to feel settled in the new house and, actually, we had an open house tonight with all our old and new church friends.



Pretty easy project but I'm really into "key" art or decor....whatever it is called! This was not an original idea by any means. Several years back I purchased it as an old stained wood drawer with brass keys glued  inside. As I mentally started to decorate the new house, I knew this piece was too dark and the keys were hardly visible on the dark backdrop of the wood drawer. Well that was nothing some leftover paint couldn't fix! I used a bright white latex paint that I always have on hand and then sprayed the keys with leftover Valspar spraypaint in "Mediterranean" (same color used on my lamp projects).



The keys really pop against the white drawer. I wanted to keep it looking shabby chic so I just distressed the corners with some sandpaper. Did you notice another display of hydrangeas? Love them! They are sporting an old can of beans (san beans)  spray painted in "Mediterranean." I must say that I have lots of crafts in mind for my old cans. I just cannot throw them away! Hopefully, I'll get to crafting with them soon because I'm running out of space for all my potential crafting items ;-)







Linking up with...



No comments:

Post a Comment