Friday, February 17, 2012

DIY Shabby Chic Layered Tablecloth

I originally shared this over at Stardust Decor & Style. Just in case you didn't catch it, I'm sharing it again today :)

My daughter, Ellie, recently had a whimsical fairy party. Today I want to share with you how I put together my shabby chic layered tablecloth. It was exactly the "look" I wanted and sooo easy to put together. Check it out:



The base of the tablecloth is my old duvet cover. I starched it to help stiffen it up a little. I like the color and texture of this fabric.



 The middle layer is actually a bedskirt. The crocheted flower details give the table an extra touch. Kinda grandma chic :)



 The final, top layer is a sheer, white piece of fabric. To give it a little more texture, I twisted the fabric up like this and let it get all nice and wrinkly.



Ta da!


What's in your closet that you could use for a layered tablecloth?




Sharing this with...
A little inspiration * bear rabbit bear *Bubbly Nature Creations 
French Country Cottage *Home Stories A to Z * House of Hepworths 
I can teach my child *I {heart} naptime *It's Overflowing * Oopsey Daisy  
Positively Splendid *Ruby Jean  *Six Sisters StuffTatertots and Jello  
The Delectable Home * The Girl Creative *The Grant Life 
The Southern Institute * Whipperberry

No comments:

Post a Comment