Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Birthday Banner



Now that the party is done, I have time to share some of the projects I've been working on. My favorite is this birthday banner I made for Ellie's party.




I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out two coordinating scrapbook patterns that I liked - a pink polka dot and a pale blue stripe. I also grabbed a pack of kraft cardstock. The cardstock keeps the banner from being too flimsy and will allow the banner to be used over and over again. 

Next, I cut out three oval shapes for each letter (yeah, this step could be a lot easier if you have a fancy craft cutting machine like Cameo or Cricut!). I made this template which you can download and adjust the print size to your project.  The font I used is called BB Petie Boy Medium  and can be downloaded here for free! Doesn't it look like the letters are stamped on the cardstock? I used font size 150 for my banner. {Side note: Did you notice that the "H" is upside down? Neither did I until I glued them. I think I like it better this way. Or at least that is what I'm telling myself.}

After tracing all my ovals and carefully cutting them out, I used a glue stick to compose the different layers. 

To hang the banner, I used mini clothespins and pink cotton candy twine. 



Whatcha think? It may not be perfect to the eye, but it is perfect to me :) I love it and look forward to using it again.














Sharing this with...
A little inspiration * bear rabbit bear *Bubbly Nature Creations 
French Country Cottage *Home Stories A to Z * House of Hepworths 
I can teach my child *I {heart} naptime *It's Overflowing * Oopsey Daisy  
Positively Splendid *Ruby Jean  *Six Sisters StuffTatertots and Jello  
The Delectable Home * The Girl Creative *The Grant Life 
The Southern Institute * Whipperberry

No comments:

Post a Comment