Sunday, February 12, 2012

I heart rosettes.


I love all the beautiful rosette jewelry and accessories that I have been eyeing online. If I acted on my impulses, I would own hundreds by now! Instead, I decided to make my own. You can find various rosette tutorials online. The technique is simple and some tutorials vary, but only slightly. I'd suggest this tutorial from Cherry Street Cottage or this tutorial by Little Birdie Secrets.



To start, I used some pretty cream colored chiffon for mine. In hindsight, it was probably not the best fabric choice for rosettes because it is very slippery to work with! 

I also had an old faux pearl bracelet that a toddler, who will remain unnamed, stretched out. I decided to put the pearl beads to use by sewing them to the bud of each rosette.


I glued them to an old headband.


 I glued one large rosette to a hair clip too.


I plan on wearing it too. I already did, actually!  Just as a side note, it is super awkward to take your own picture. And then post it on your blog.


Maybe a better angle here...just don't look at how badly my highlights need touched up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment