Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dream Home

Hello blogging world! Wow, I have really slacked off since HR was born. Since both girls are snuggled in bed for the night I thought I would explain another reason I haven't had time to blog - we are building a house! This has been in the works for the last couple of months but today we finally signed the papers for the closing. I hope to share some of the projects as we go through this journey. We went house hunting this past Spring only to find that most homes we could afford would be real fixer-uppers. When Chase and I sat down to look at our budget, we realized we could not really afford the houses in our price range once we factored in all the renovations that would need to take place. However, we can afford to build a house and, just to ensure we stay under budget, I'm putting my thrifting and frugality into overdrive! I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and look forward to the coming months. I also discovered Pinterest today and have already spent entirely too long getting inspired by house decorating boards. I ought to be careful since these days it is hard enough to sleep with visions of cabinets, light fixtures and paint colors dancing in my head.

Here are some pictures of our new lot and neighborhood:







I am so thankful for this opportunity that God has blessed us with and I pray that we will be wise in each step of the process. When I get too overwhelmed I just remind myself that it is just a house. Although it is very exciting and will hopefully bring us great memories, it is just a house. I dwell on these lyrics from the beautiful hymn "This World is Not My Home"

This world is not my home I'm just passing through 
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore 
O Lord you know I have no friend like you
If Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
 

No comments:

Post a Comment