Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Garland

Laaaate last night I shared a sneak peek of this post on my facebook page. I found these fall-themed paper doilies at the Dollar Tree. Love them! They had a few other colors and patterns but I liked these three the best.


I had been eyeing this garland for awhile on Pinterest and still plan to create it for Valentine's day but I really like the different colored doilies I found at the Dollar Tree against the white lights:




I had the hubby pick me up a strand of 50 white lights and that was the perfect length for the three packs of doilies. I put two of the same pattern on each bulb so that the colorful side is showing even if the garland shifts. The holes in the doilies were just the right size for poking the light bulbs through them. However if your Dollar Tree doesn't have the same fall paper doilies, I'm sure there are leaf printables and templates floating around Pinterest that you could print or trace on colored paper. Then you could just use a paper hole punch for placing the lights. Just an idea ;-)



 You may notice that the window is bare in the new kitchen. Umm yeah...I have more important things to focus on like...making paper doily garland than making decisions on window treatments ;-)


And did you notice my centerpiece? I had some leftover supplies from the fall wreath I made so I basically just dumped the tulle, pumpkins and leaves into my trifle bowl. I think my trifle bowl was just glad to be used for once. Maybe I'll make this Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle from Taste of Home. It looks sooo good!





Linking up with....




It's Overflowing


No comments:

Post a Comment