Thursday, July 7, 2011

Picture Perfect feat. Scrabble letters

Last year for Father's Day I made Chase this picture:

(As always, I apologize for my photo skills. I hope being a good photographer is not a prerequisite of including pictures in a blog...)
I know, I know - baby sister still needs added but I haven't searched for extra Scrabble letters yet. I originally found them at an antique shop but you can also find them online. You could also make fun magnets or jewelry out of them.

For my project, I just glued the letters onto card stock, had it custom matted at Hobby Lobby and stuck it in the shadow box. I love easy projects!

However, it seemed a little too contemporary with the rest of the decor in my house and I felt like it needed something more. That is when I found this post by Love Stitched for a lace matted picture frame. I thought her picture turned out lovely and it inspired me to raid my mom's lace collection (thanks Mom!).

All you need is the amount of lace to go around your matte, scissors and spray adhesive.


I did miter my corners instead of overlapping them but I think Love Stitched's looked great and she didn't miter her corners so it won't make too much of a difference, just depends on your preference.



And here is the finished product!





No comments:

Post a Comment